Make A Referral
Know someone who needs our services? Learn how to refer someone to Allied Behavioral Services.
Referrals are made to T. Lynn Bernier
What is needed for Initial Assessment for Behavioral Services:
- Referral Form that describes what is going on (i.e., problematic behaviors, lacking of certain skills, risks, etc.).
- A current order from primary care physician, psychologist, or psychiatrist stating that Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) is medically necessary due to the problematic behavior and/or risks due to lack of appropriate skill set to incorporate into society safely. ABA assists with reducing risk of harm to self and others.
- Copy of insurance card.
- Need contact information of individual, family, conservator, physicians, etc.
Additional Information that can be acquired during the assessment period once approved:
- List of current medications
- Any documents and information available
- Medical History (admissions, etc.)
- Any history of abuse, neglect, or involvement with human services or law enforcement
What Happens After the Initial Assessment:
- If ABA services are clinically necessary the Behavior Analyst will request writing units to write and implement a Behavioral Support Plan (BSP).
- The BSP will be trained with everyone that works with or is involved with the individual.
- The BSP will teach techniques to reduce problematic behaviors, increase appropriate behaviors, and teach replacement skills to reduce social isolation and associated risks with the target behaviors (i.e., police involvement, eviction, loss of job, loss of relationships, etc.).